Summer Fayre - Save The Date & Sign Up To Help
The date for our Summer Fayre has been decided for Saturday 9 July and we need your help to make it a success!
It will be our first Summer Fayre in over 3 years and the school heads want us to make it bigger, better and longer than ever - but we can't do it without YOUR help.
The plan is to make up for lost time by having it run from noon until 4pm with stalls, games, food, drink, and entertainment. This is longer than it's been in previous years, and means it should be less hectic and more relaxing for everyone.
The longer Fayre means each area will need more volunteers. Please help us make this first Summer Fayre since 2019 a success for our school, parents and children by helping out if you can.
We're looking for people to:
- plan the event
- set it up on the day
- make & serve food & drink
- donate things to sell including home-made jams, pickles, candles etc - anything that you enjoy making
- buy a pitch at our vendors' market to sell your own wares if you run a business
- write & put up signage
- sell products & tickets
- ask around our school community & local businesses for donations for the event and Raffle prizes
- direct foot traffic
- organise and run children's games
- do face painting and henna designs on hands
- write updates for the website
- publish content on the website
- manage our Facebook page, Facebook groups and Instagram page
- entertain (comedians, musicians, singers, storytellers, puppeteers, dancers; please step forward!)
- help in the first aid area
- lend a clothes rail
- lend a gazebo
Please message Patty Bass -- our Summer Fayre Head -- at firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you can help. No experience is required and every extra hand really helps.
If you’ve helped in the past and have an activity you'd particularly like to volunteer for, please mention it in your message.
Pssst! New FOHMS' projects to be revealed at event this Friday!
This Friday 27 May after reading morning, all parents at the Infants' school are invited to a FOHMS event at which some exciting new projects for our school will be revealed.
Cakes, biscuits & tea will be available by donation and you'll be able to learn about the new projects which are sure to benefit all our children at some stage in their time at Henry Maynard School.
When & Where?
The event will be held in the Hall at the Infants' School straight after reading morning finishes at 9:10.
I can't come on Friday but want to help FOHMS
Email FOHMS to volunteer your help - including with this year's Summer Fayre - we'd love to hear from you.